Story-Fest Expression Of Interest
Story-Fest '18 is a 3 day spoken word festival packed full of live literary mayhem. The Festival takes place from October 19th to 21st in Sydney.
The annual flagship festival of the International Performing Writer’s Association, Word Travels, Story-Fest has been presented in The Rocks for 6 years. In 2017, Story-Fest attracted over 1000 people with events such as 'Spoken Word Women', 'Queerhyme' and 'Guffaw'.
This year, Word Travels is inviting individuals, groups, and organisations to contribute events. These could be workshops, panel discussions, lectures, film screenings, or performances. Or, if you have an idea not listed here, please discuss it with us!
You can contact the team on 02 9251 6871, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Primarily, we seek to empower all people to write and perform their own stories through spoken word.
We are especially interested in events that will:
- Explore the craft of performed writing. This may include performance poetry, storytelling, hip hop, monologues, comedy, theatre, podcasting, lyricists, or performative and auditory experiments.
- Engage with diverse cultures, languages, communities, and people.
- Establish and grow an industry around spoken word in Australia. This may include opportunities to improve networks and professional practice.
- Develop the audience for spoken word in Australia.
Please send an EOI to email@example.com by TUESDAY THE 1ST of MAY, including:
- A title and short description of your proposed event.
- A brief description of your group’s/organisation’s experience, expertise, and vision. Or for individuals, a description of your experience, practice, and areas of interest.
- What support and resources you would like Word Travels to provide (e.g, production, programming support). All events will receive support in the form of a venue, publicity, and a place in our printed program.
- Proposed running time of the event.
- What resources you will be able to provide.
- A budget for event delivery, including your contributions and any additional funds you may require.