Are you passionate about writing and performance with a keen interest in community cultural development?
Really well connected and love bringing donors to the arts?
If you said, “Yup, that’s me,” twice, Word Travels needs you.
Word Travels is looking for an enthusiastic Philanthropy Manager to help us bring programs like Australian Poetry Slam to the world.
Working closely with the Word Travels team, you will develop donor strategies around our annual creative programs.
You will connect with organisations, artists and donors across Australia and the Asia Pacific region.
- Work to realise donor and foundation targets that significantly increase the annual income of Word Travels and support its programs.
- Set up strategies and systems to service and maintain donor relationships in a meaningful way including; databases, reports and analysis as well as crafting special events and access opportunities for donors.
- Analyse data to assess patterns of donation and use this to inform future donor engagement strategies.
- Support Word Travels activities including marketing activities and event delivery to ensure recognition of donors and foundations.
- Research and identify existing and prospective donors.
- Assist in developing a five year strategy for future donations.
- Create implementation and promotion plan for bequest program.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential)
- Demonstrated track record of initiating successful donor and foundation relationships, preferably within the arts
- High-level writing and presentation skills
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage and oversee the successful delivery of benefits to donors
- Demonstrated existing networks of potential donors
- Produce and update a database, write and deliver reports, set and meet targets
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable)
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: Arts, Literature, Theatre, Education or Community Cultural Development.
- Event or project management (related to special events/programs to suit donors)
- Experience with CRM systems: Salesforce or similar
For more information and a full position description contact Emily at email@example.com or +612 9251 6871
Or apply with a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS WORD TRAVELS?
Word Travels is a not-for-profit literary and literacy organisation creating programs for communities, libraries, schools, festivals, private companies and cultural institutions.
Our main objective is to inspire people to tell their stories in creative ways, primarily through live performance. We use stories and performance to help build communities.
We create, organise, support and present programs in Australia and the Asia Pacific region with a focus on using performance to showcase new writers from urban and regional areas. Our largest initiative is: Australian Poetry Slam.
- Multilingual Poetry Slam
- The Rumble: Young Performing Writers’ Program
- Australian Poetry Slam: International Performing Writers’ Program
- Story-Fest: 3 days of spoken word events
Present and previous partners include:
- Cultural Institutions: Sydney Opera House, State Libraries, China Bookworm Literary Festival, Ubud Writers and Readers Festival
- Media Organisations: ABC Radio National, ABC TV, FBi Radio, Sydney Morning Herald, Media Entertainment Arts Alliance.
- Universities: Macquarie, Griffith, Sydney and UNSW.
- Private Companies: AMP, Freedom Furniture, Groupon, Sharpie, Telstra, OPSM
- Governments: NSW Ombudsman, Create NSW, City of Sydney, Australia Council for the Arts, Australian Embassy in China, Canadian Consulate in Sydney