Performing Writer Residency
Word Travels offers emerging performing writers a free two week residency to create/develop new work in The Rocks, Sydney.
This is an opportunity to create new writing for performance. Artists may work in performed poetry, storytelling, monologues, hip-hop, comedy, podcasting, or experimental performative/auditory forms.
After the two weeks, there will be an opportunity for the performing writer to put on a showcase to present the work that they developed over the residency.
- Desk space in a distraction-free room with harbour views
- Access to Word Travels for additional support/advice/feedback.
- Access to Wifi and a limited amount of printing
- Resident will have access to our office kitchen facilities, including a fridge, microwave, and kettle.
- Potential to present your work at Story-Fest '18
- There is limited accessibility. Space can only be reached via stairs.
- Space only available during office hours - Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm. (This may be negotiable)
- Accomodation and travel will be organised by the performing writer.
If interested, please email the following to email@example.com:
- A description of your experience, practice, and areas of interest.
- A short sample of what you will be working on during the residency, or something of similar style, form, content. (No more than 3 pages of writing, or 2.00 minutes of audio/visual recordings)
- Your immediate goals for your practice, and how Word Travels might be able to support you to achieve these.
- How you/your work might be involved in Story-Fest '18 – check out our call out for festival EOIs for ideas.