Performing Writer Residency
Word Travels is offering an emerging performing writer a free two week residency to create/develop new work.
The next residency will run from Monday 21st of May to Friday 1st of June in The Rocks, Sydney.
This is an opportunity to create new writing for performance. Artists may work in performed poetry, storytelling, monologues, hip-hop, comedy, podcasting, or experimental performative/auditory forms.
After the two weeks, there will be an opportunity for the performing writer to put on a showcase to present the work that they developed over the residency.
- Desk space in a distraction-free room with harbour views
- Access to Word Travels for additional support/advice/feedback.
- Access to Wifi and a limited amount of printing
- Resident will have access to our office kitchen facilities, including a fridge, microwave, and kettle.
- Potential to present your work at StoryFest 2018
- There is limited accessibility. Space can only be reached via stairs.
- Space only available during office hours - Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm. (This may be negotiable)
- Accomodation and travel will be organised by the performing writer.
Applications close Wednesday May 9th. Please email the following to email@example.com:
- A description of your experience, practice, and areas of interest.
- A short sample of what you will be working on during the residency, or something of similar style, form, content. (No more than 3 pages of writing, or 2.00 minutes of audio/visual recordings)
- Your immediate goals for your practice, and how Word Travels might be able to support you to achieve these.
- How you/your work might be involved in StoryFest 2018 – check out our call out for festival EOIs for ideas.