Social Media and Online Marketing Intern
Deadline: 14th April 2017
“I was lucky to be able to intern in the Word Travels office. I constantly felt support was available to me but I also had the opportunity to figure things out on my own.” - Emily Crocker, Word Travels Intern
Word Travels is looking for a brilliant Social Media and Online Marketing Assistant (Internship) to join our team!
Duration: May to September 2017 or as agreed
Job Title: Social Media and Online Marketing Assistant (Internship)
Reports to: Creative Director / Program Administrator
You will work closely with the Creative Director, Program Administrator and the Word Travels team to produce a range of creative strategies and posts across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You will also learn about: direct email campaigns, website management, event marketing.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who's passionate about writing and performance with an interest in social media and online marketing. This role is ideal for an emerging producer or writer looking to build their social media skills and networks across writing, theatre, government, arts festivals and site specific projects.
The Social Media Assistant role is voluntary and requires 12-16 hours per week, ideally 2-3 part-time days within Word Travels office hours - 10am - 6pm, Tuesday - Friday.
This role is unpaid. University associated internships will be given preference.
Assist with the following responsibilities:
- Social media coverage and interaction for Key Programs
- Social media management and scheduling via Hootsuite
- Develop existing online presence and strategy
- Draft event descriptions for Key Programs and events
- Drafting press releases and solicit traditional media
- Basic editing + updates across two Squarespace websites
- Answering emails and messages from the public
- Live social media at events where possible
The ideal candidate has the following:
- Demonstrated experience in social media and online marketing
- An interest in writing and/or performance
- Consistent/original writing voice + great spelling and grammar
- High level organisational skills
- Computer literacy - Microsoft Office, Database development, etc
- Demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skill
Candidates should provide a CV, cover letter and links to samples of their social media/online practice to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th April at 5pm.
If you would like to volunteer or complete an internship with Word Travels please contact us:
We are currently interested in people with marketing experience or people training in marketing.
Contact : email@example.com Phone: 9251 6871